Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ARRESTING FEMINITY

When life proceeds at a frenetic pace, it ceases to be life. The uniformity is shattered and pace defines you. And during these times, it takes a nature to let you appreciate the unspoiled and virgin beauty of life, which, otherwise would go unnoticed. I, for one, must know because I have been richer by the experience. I was walking one mid afternoon, playing and replaying events in my memory, when all of a sudden the threatening skies opened up and vicious rain came hurtling down. Blinding rain enveloped me and I ran for the nearest shelter. Yet, as I started my escape, a strange feeling engulfed me that I was being followed. Alarmed I ran faster and stood under a shed. But the stalker was too good for me… she had followed me diligently and within a few moments had my entirety in her arms. She was too strong for me and I found myself submitting willingly to her advances. And then she let herself go. I stood there, transfixed and motionless and it was then that the beauty of the entire event struck me. She wasn’t my stalker but my savior yet she didn’t demand any recognition from me. She was the feminine smell that had emanated when the first raindrop had kissed the parched lips of the earth. Rooted there for an eternity, my olfactory nerves took in the last remnant of that sweet smell. I felt better. Nature had extended her healing canopy to engulf me and I am thankful to her for this unselfish gesture. Every time I see rainfall in its varied hues, tormenting the earth, innocent reminiscences spring up to life and that is what life is all about. It has been aptly said-“Life isn’t what has been lived but what has been remembered”.

1 comment:

Sankhara Buddha said...

One of my English Teachers in School would always wish the students by saying "Have a Great Morning"....If I have draw some analogy with respect to Life then the Greatness of Life is felt only by living into it. Often it happens that we belive that we are living a life but crave for something else in contrary, this basic thought of craving deprives us from enjoying and relishing the beauties of life. In my Opinion it is better to ride the winds of the Fate and see uptill where we can ride upon the gossamer yet sturdy wings of Fate.